working with others for change
Phi Kappa Phi (ΦΚΦ) National Honors Society, Chapter 062; 2006 – present
- The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi is the nation’s oldest, largest,
and most selective all-discipline honor society, founded in 1897.
American Mensa, Ltd., of Mensa International; 2006 – present
- Qualified via proctored IQ tests in elementary school and during undergraduate
- 99.75th Percentile; upper 0.25% of scores (165–179).
- The society welcomes people from every walk of life whose IQs are in the top 2% of the population. Mensa has three stated purposes: to identify and foster human intelligence for the benefit of humanity, to encourage research in the nature, characteristics and uses of intelligence, and to promote stimulating intellectual and social opportunities for its members. Founded in 1946.
Consume IQ results with many grains of salt. Intelligence is more than doing well on a battery of tests administered by educational psychologists.
(http://www.mensa.org and http://www.us.mensa.org)
Stage and Screen
Dramatists Guild of America; 1999 – 2003, 2005 – present
- National union for the promotion and protection of playwrights,
composers, and lyricists.
Alliance of Los Angeles Playwrights; 2003 – 2004
Visalia Community Players (volunteer); 2003 – 2006
- Original webmaster for http://www.visaliaplayers.org
Fourth Wall Theatre Company (volunteer); 1995 – 1998
- Designed programs and advertising materials for theatrical productions
Writing and Communications
Society for Technical Communication; 2007 – present
- STC is dedicated to advancing the arts and sciences of technical communication.
It is the largest organization of its type. Members include technical
writers and editors, content developers, documentation specialists, technical
illustrators, instructional designers, academics, and Web designers.
Association of Teachers of Technical Writing 2011 – present
Council for Programs in Technical and Scientific Communication 2011 – present
Pittsburgh Consortium for Rhetoric and Discourse Studies (PCRDS) 2011 – present
Military Writers Society of America; 2011 – (Life Member)
- 2011, webmaster for transition to new Drupal-based site at http://www.mwsadispatches.com
Public Safety Writers Association 2011
Autism Society of America; 2007 – present
- ASA was founded in 1965 by Bernard Rimland, Ph.D. ASA is dedicated
to increasing public awareness about autism and the day-to-day issues
faced by individuals with autism, their families and the professionals
with whom they interact.
Autism Society of Minnesota (AuSM); 2007 – 2011
- AuSM was chartered in 1971 as a chapter of the Autism Society of