working with others for change
Stage and Screen
Dramatists Guild of America; 1999 – 2003, 2005 – present
- National guild (not a union) for the promotion and protection of playwrights,
composers, and lyricists.
Alliance of Los Angeles Playwrights; 2003 – 2004
Visalia Community Players (volunteer); 2003 – 2006
- Original webmaster for http://www.visaliaplayers.org
Fourth Wall Theatre Company (volunteer); 1995 – 1998
- Designed programs and advertising materials for theatrical productions.
Writing and Communications
Military Writers Society of America; 2011 – (Life Member)
- 2011, webmaster for transition to new Drupal-based site at http://www.mwsadispatches.com
National Council of Teachers of English; 2014 – 2015
Society for Technical Communication; 2007 – 2015
- STC is dedicated to advancing the arts and sciences of technical communication.
It is the largest organization of its type. Members include technical
writers and editors, content developers, documentation specialists, technical
illustrators, instructional designers, academics, and Web designers.
Association of Teachers of Technical Writing; 2011 – 2013
Pittsburgh Consortium for Rhetoric and Discourse Studies (PCRDS); 2011 – 2013
Council for Programs in Technical and Scientific Communication; 2011 – 2012
Public Safety Writers Association 2011
Autism Society of America; 2007 – present
- ASA was founded in 1965 by Bernard Rimland, Ph.D. ASA is dedicated
to increasing public awareness about autism and the day-to-day issues
faced by individuals with autism, their families and the professionals
with whom they interact.
Autism Connection of Pennsylvania (ACoPA); 2013 – 2017
- Board of Directors, Community Member
Autism Society of Minnesota (AuSM); 2007 – 2011
- AuSM was chartered in 1971 as a chapter of the Autism Society of
Phi Kappa Phi (ΦΚΦ) National Honors Society, Chapter 062; 2006 – present
- The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi is the nation’s oldest, largest,
and most selective all-discipline honor society, founded in 1897.
American Mensa, Ltd., of Mensa International; 2006 – 2015
- Qualified via proctored IQ tests in elementary school and during undergraduate
- 99.75th Percentile; upper 0.25% of scores (165–179).
Consume IQ results with many grains of salt. Intelligence is more than doing well on a battery of tests administered by educational psychologists.
(http://www.mensa.org and http://www.us.mensa.org)