rhetoric scholar interested in the power of narratives
As a creative writer, scholar, and educator, I am interested in the power of stories to shape public policy debates. The narrative and literary techniques associated with fiction appear in academic papers, political speeches, and in the news media. Narratives persuade more effectively than expert testimony or raw data.
Academic CV Sections
- Education: Universities Attended, Degrees Earned
- Teaching: Academic Positions Held
- Industry: Industry Experience
- Works: Publications and Productions
- Appearances: Conference Presentations and Invited Speaking Appearances
- Honors: Scholarships and Other Awards
- Organizations: Professional Engagement
Scholar-Artist / Artist-Scholar
I find myself alternating between favoring my creative works and favoring scholarship on creative works. The MFA honors my passion to create; the Ph.D. represents a passion to learn and explore theories behind creative choices. Both are terminal degrees and they honor different communities within academia.